Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) There is hereby created the Office of the Park Director for the city. The office shall be held by the City Manager. (Prior Code, § 12-105)
(B) (1) The City Council shall, from time to time, adopt rules and regulations as it deems necessary to maintain security, safety and efficient operation of the parks and other public areas under control of the city. The rules and regulations shall be adopted and may be amended by written resolution of the City Council. The resolution adopting or amending the rules shall not become effective until the resolution adopting them is published in full, one time, in the Tribune Review newspaper.
(2) Upon adoption of rules, the City Manager shall cause signs to be erected and maintained at prominent and conspicuous locations at all parks and other public areas where the rules will apply.
(3) It shall be unlawful and a violation of this code for any person, firm or corporation to violate any of the rules or regulations in public parks or other public areas where signs are posted designating the rules, and a violation of this section shall be punished as provided.
(Prior Code, § 12-106) (Ord. 1571, passed 7-15-97)
(C) (1) Any park or any section of any park may be declared closed to the public by the Park Director at any time and for any interval of time, either temporarily or at regular and stated intervals, either entirely or merely to certain uses, as the Director may determine to be necessary to maintain safety, order, security and efficient operation in the parks.
(2) Signs shall be erected and maintained by the Park Director stating these special closing times.
(Prior Code, § 12-107)
(D) (1) Shelter areas in the park may be reserved for designated periods of time upon application for reservation permit made in advance to the Park Director. The application shall state:
(a) The name and address of the applicant;
(b) The name and address of the person, persons, corporation or association sponsoring the activity, if any;
(c) The day and hours for which the permit is desired;
(d) The park or portion thereof for which the permit is desired;
(e) An estimate of the anticipated attendance; and
(f) Any other information which the Director shall find reasonably necessary to a fair determination as to whether a permit should be issued hereunder.
(2) The Director may issue a reservation permit hereunder when he or she finds:
(a) The proposed activity or use of the park will not unreasonably interfere with or detract from the general public enjoyment of the park;
(b) The proposed activity and use will not unreasonably interfere with or detract from the
promotion of public health, welfare, safety and recreation;
(c) The proposed activity or use is not reasonably anticipated to incite violence, crime or disorderly conduct;
(d) The proposed activity or use will not entail unusual, extraordinary or burdensome expense or police operation by the city; and
(e) The facilities desired have not been reserved for other use at the day and hour required in the application.
(3) Fees for issuance of a reservation permit shall be set by resolution of the City Council. (Ord. 1614, passed 6-1-99)
(4) The Director shall have authority to revoke a reservation permit upon a finding of a violation of any rule or ordinance or for good cause shown.
(Prior Code, § 12-108)
(E) The Director, all police and peace officers and any park attendants shall have the authority to eject from the park any person acting in violation of this section or violating any rules and regulations of the Park Director. (Prior Code, § 12-109)