Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this subchapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE. Any drug, substance, or immediate precursor, other than marijuana, included in Schedule I, II, III, IV or V of the Uniform Controlled Dangerous Substances Act (63 O.S. §§ 2-101, et seq.), including, but not limited to:
(1) Hallucinogenic substances, including mescaline, psilocybin, and various types of methoxyamphetamines.
(2) Stimulants such as amphetamines and methamphetamines.
(3) Barbiturates and other depressants such as amobarbital, secobarbital, pentobarbital, phenobarbital, methaqualone, phencyclidine, and diazepam.
DRUG PARAPHERNALIA. Any equipment, product, or material of any kind which is primarily intended or designed for use in manufacturing, compounding, converting, concealing, producing, processing, preparing, injecting, ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing into the human body a controlled substance, possession of which is unlawful under this chapter. It includes, but is not limited to, items intended or designed for use in ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing cocaine, PCP, methamphetamine, or amphetamines into the human body, such as:
(1) Metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or ceramic pipes with or without screens, permanent screens, hashish heads, or punctured metal bowls;
(2) Water pipes;
(3) Carburetion tubes and devices;
(4) Smoking and carburetion masks;
(5) Roach clips;
(6) Miniature spoons with level capacities of one-tenth cubic centimeter or less;
(7) Chamber pipes;
(8) Carburetor pipes;
(9) Electric pipes;
(10) Air-driven pipes;
(13) Ice pipes or chillers;
(14) Wired cigarette papers; or
(15) Cocaine freebase kits.
MARIJUANA. All parts of the plant Cannabis Sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of such plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture or preparation of such plant, its seeds or resin. This definition shall not include the mature stalks of such plant; fiber produced from such stalks; oil, cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, sale, derivative, mixture or preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil or cake, or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination.
(1) A physician, dentist, podiatrist, veterinarian, scientific investigator, or other person who is authorized by state or federal law to distribute, dispense, conduct research with respect to, use for scientific purposes or administer a controlled dangerous substance in the course of professional practice or research in this state; or
(2) A pharmacy, hospital, laboratory, or other institution authorized by state or federal law to distribute, dispense, or conduct research with respect to use for scientific purposes or administer marijuana or a controlled dangerous substance in the course of a registered professional practice or research in this state.
SIMULATED CONTROLLED DANGEROUS SUBSTANCE. Any substance which is not a controlled substance nor marijuana, but which identifies itself by using a common name or slang term associated with marijuana or with substances identified as a controlled dangerous substance, or which indicates on its label or accompanying promotional material or concerning which it is represented that the product simulates the effect of a substance, or which by appearance, making or packaging would lead a reasonable person to believe the substance was marijuana or a controlled substance.
(Prior Code, § 11-423) (Am. Ord. 1977, passed 9-3-2019)
Controlled dangerous substances, see 63 O.S. § 2-101