Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) (1) The City Clerk, or deputy designated by him or her, shall be the Clerk of the Court.
(2) He or she shall assist the Judge in recording the proceedings of the Court and in preparing writs, processes and other papers.
(3) He or she shall administer oaths required in proceedings before the Court. He or she shall enter all pleadings, processes and proceedings in the dockets of the Court. He or she shall perform other clerical duties relating to the proceedings of the Court as the Judge shall direct.
(B) (1) The Court Clerk shall collect all cash bonds and fines and shall daily report to the City Treasurer of the bonds and fines so collected and shall each day deliver the funds to the City Treasurer for safe keeping or deposit to the General Fund of the city, as the case may be.
(2) The Court Clerk shall maintain the cash bonds of persons accused of offenses, as may be ordered by the Judge, upon surrender of the receipt therefor.
(3) The Court Clerk shall be under the fidelity bonds, as may be determined by the City Manager, shall perform other duties and functions, as may be directed by the City Manager, and shall be paid a salary as shall be determined from time to time by the City Manager.
(C) (1) The Clerk of the Municipal Court shall have all additional powers and duties as established for that position by state law.
(2) The Attorney for the municipality, or his or her duly designated assistant, may be employed to prosecute actions in the Municipal Court, and to prosecute and resist appeals therefrom as may be deemed necessary and desirable by the City Council.
(Prior Code, § 7-107)