(A)   The City Clerk shall take an application from handicapped or disabled, or temporarily handicapped or disabled, persons or their parent, legal guardian, or foster parent for a permit which will entitle the holder thereof or a person driving a motor vehicle for the purpose of transporting such holder to park in those spaces provided for by this chapter. Persons applying for a permit shall complete such forms as are provided to the City Clerk by the Department of Motor Vehicles and shall demonstrate to the satisfaction of the City Clerk that he or she is handicapped or disabled. The City Clerk may require medical certificates and proof of a handicap or disability.
   (B)   The City Clerk shall issue a permit to approved applicants, and before issuing such permit, shall enter all information required pursuant to § 72.24. The City Clerk shall submit to the Department of Motor Vehicles the name, address, and license number of all persons receiving a permit pursuant to this section.
(Prior Code, § 5-419.03)