Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following general conditions shall be imposed.
(1) Any vehicle bearing a state recreational vehicle license plate shall obey all provisions of this chapter.
(2) Any vehicle bearing a state recreational vehicle license plate shall be declared as such on the application for the village vehicle sticker.
(3) On any recreational vehicle or boat trailer, state license plates and a village vehicle sticker shall be current and properly displayed.
(4) No vehicle bearing a state recreational vehicle license plate shall at any time be used for commercial or private cargo purposes.
(5) Property owners or residents shall have and display upon request of the Village Code Enforcement Officer proof of ownership of parked recreational vehicles or boat and snowmobile trailers.
(6) Recreational vehicle and boat or snowmobile trailer parking shall be permitted only when the vehicle or trailer is owned by a resident of the village or a village property owner and then only upon the premises owned by such recreation vehicle or boat and snowmobile trailer owner.
(7) Notwithstanding other provisions of this chapter, recreational vehicles and boat or snowmobile trailers may be parked in side yards or driveways for loading or unloading purposes for not more than 24 hours unless it is in an enclosed garage.
(B) The following prohibitions are imposed.
(1) Parked recreational vehicles or boat or snowmobile trailers shall not be occupied or used for living, sleeping or housekeeping purposes. Further, they shall not be used as a dwelling, storage or accessory building. One unit maximum per lot or property.
(2) It shall be a public nuisance and against the peace, health and comfort of the village and the residents thereof for any person to park a recreational vehicle or boat or snowmobile trailer in an unsanitary condition or in an unsafe or dangerous condition, in visible disrepair or partial construction or in any manner which endangers the health or safety of any person.
(3) Telescopic travel trailers, slide in truck campers and camping trailers shall be parked in their highway conditions which is folded and mounded.
(4) Any recreational vehicle or boat or snowmobile trailer that is in inoperative condition, or is not properly licensed shall not be permitted on any property for more than 48 hours unless it is in an enclosed garage.
(5) A recreational vehicle or a boat or snowmobile trailer shall be maintained in a mobile condition.
(6) It shall be unlawful for any person to park or let stand any recreational vehicle on any street in the village at any time between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. and not in excess of any 6-hour period at other times within any single 24-hour day.
(7) It shall be unlawful for any person to park or let stand any recreational trailer on any street in the village at any time unless it is mounted on the towing vehicle.
(`95 Code, § 97.02) (Ord. 75-6, passed - - ) Penalty, see § 97.99