Terms used in this chapter shall have the meanings given to them in this section:
APPROVING AUTHORITY: The Water Superintendent, as appointed by the City, or his/her duly authorized deputy, agent, or representative.
BACK PRESSURE BACKFLOW: The flowing back of used, contaminated, or polluted water from a plumbing fixture or vessel into a water supply pipe due to a pressure less than atmospheric in such pipe.
BACK SIPHONAGE BACKFLOW: Backflow due to an increased pressure above the supply pressure, which may be due to pumps, boilers, gravity or other sources of pressure.
BACKFLOW: The flow of water or fluid, mixtures, or substances into the distribution pipes of a potable water supply from any sources other than its intended source. (See definitions of back siphonage backflow and back pressure backflow.)
BOND RATE: A class of users having service connections to the lot, but no water uses on the property due to buildings having been removed, condemned or destroyed by fire, flood or other disaster event. The monthly user rate assessed for this class of properties shall be based on the equivalent density unit (EDU) value of the monthly outstanding bond cost, plus an administrative surcharge for billing and accounting to be set by the Council by resolution.
BUILDING WATER LINE: The extension from the building to the point of connection with the public water system, and is also referred to as "water service line" or "building water line".
CAPITALIZATION FEE: The water capitalization fee is a connection charge paid by a property that connects to the system and does not contribute to the construction or financing of the existing system.
CHLORINE REQUIREMENT: The amount of chlorine, in parts per million by weight, which must be added to the water system to produce a specified residual chlorine content, or to meet the requirements of some other objective, in accordance with the procedures set forth in "Standard Methods".
CIRCUIT BREAKER RATE: A reduced fee assessed to a property owner who has been approved by the State of Idaho Tax Commission and Blaine County Assessor's Department to receive a reduction in assessed Property Taxes, commonly known as a circuit breaker. The monthly circuit breaker rate shall not be less than the current bond rate fee established by resolution.
CITY: The City of Bellevue, Idaho, its Common Council and authorized representatives.
COMMON COUNCIL: The duly elected Common Council of the City of Bellevue, Idaho.
CORPORATION STOP: The water shutoff valve after which the private service line begins. The corporation stop is part of the Municipal water system and is under the exclusive control of the City. The corporation stop is also referred to as a "corp stop" in this chapter.
DWELLING UNIT: A single unit providing complete independent living facilities for one or more persons, including permanent provisions for living, sleeping, eating, cooking and sanitation, and shall include, but not be limited to, any single-family home, apartment, townhouse unit, condominium unit, duplex, manufactured home, mobile home or house trailer, or rooming house room constructed or used in such a manner as a dwelling or sleeping place for one or more persons, whether or not the same shall have a kitchen.
IRRIGATE, IRRIGATION: The watering of lawns, trees, shrubs, and other vegetation within the City of Bellevue, including, without limitation, the use of sprinklers, sprinkler or irrigation systems, hoses (whether hand held or left running), or other devices.
MAY: Is permissive.
PERSON: Any individual, firm, company, association, society, corporation, group, or other entity.
PRIVATE WATER SYSTEM: A water system serving one or more buildings, residences or properties, constructed by private contract outside of the public right-of-way, and remaining under private ownership and jurisdiction, and which shall be maintained by said private owners. Private water systems shall be designed, constructed, and maintained by said private owners to the same design, construction, and maintenance standards as the public water system.
PUBLIC WATER SYSTEM: A water system owned and operated by the City. All portions of the public water system shall be located in dedicated public rights-of-way, City owned property or easements. The public water system is also referred to as the "Municipal water system" in this chapter.
REPLACEMENT: Any expenditure for obtaining and installing equipment, accessories, or appurtenances which are necessary during the service life of the works to maintain the capacity and performance for which such works were designed and constructed. The term "operation and maintenance" includes replacement.
SERVICE CHARGE: The charge levied on all users of the public water system for the purpose of repayment of City indebtedness for the construction and installation of the system and for its efficient maintenance, operation, replacement and improvement, and in establishing such rates and charges, the City has taken into account the cost and value of the system, operation, maintenance, replacement and improvement expenses, possible delinquencies, proper allowance for depreciation, contingencies and any amounts necessary to retire all bonds payable from net revenues and the reserve required for these.
SHALL: Is mandatory.
WATER SERVICE CONNECTION: The point at which a building water service line is connected to the public water system at the corp stop.
WATER SUPERINTENDENT: The Water Superintendent of the City.
WATER USER: Any individual, firm, company, association, society, corporation, or group who has property connected to or using the public water system. (Ord. 2010-06, 9-23-2010)