Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application for a retail liquor dealer’s license shall be made to the Mayor as Local Liquor Control Commissioner, in writing, signed by the applicant, if an individual, or by a duly authorized agent, if a club or corporation, verified by oath or affidavit, and shall contain the following information and statements:
(1) The name, age and address of the applicant in the case of an individual, and in the case of a co-partnership, the persons entitled to share in the profits thereof, and in the case of a corporation for profit, or a club, the date of incorporation, the objects for which it was organized, the names and addresses of the officers and directors, and if a majority in interest of the stock of such corporation or club is owned by one person or his nominees, the name and address of such person;
(2) The citizenship of the applicant, his or her place of birth and, if a naturalized citizen, the time and place of his or her naturalization;
(3) The character of the business of the applicant and, in case of a corporation, the objects for which it was formed;
(4) The length of time that the applicant has been in business of that character, or in the case of a corporation, the date on which its charter was issued;
(5) The amount of goods, wares and merchandise on hand at the time application is made;
(6) A statement whether applicant has made similar application for a similar other license on premises other than described in his or her application and the disposition of such application;
(7) A statement that applicant has never been convicted of a felony, and is not disqualified to receive a license by reason of any matter or thing contained in this chapter, the laws of the state or the ordinances of the city;
(8) Whether a previous license by any state or subdivision thereof, or by the federal government has been revoked, and the reasons therefor; and
(9) A statement that the applicant will not violate any of the laws of the state, or the United States, or any ordinance of the city in the conduct of his or her place of business.
(B) An application for a person who is a first time applicant for a liquor license shall pay an application fee of $750.
(1960 Code, § 21-1-3) (Ord. 6762, passed 8-1-2005; Ord. 8176-2018, passed 3-19-2018)