Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The city shall support movement along and across arterial, collector, and local streets within a dense, interconnected, and integrated network. Walking, biking, and public transit will provide a variety of transportation options so that users may reach many potential destinations as part of their daily routines.
(B) Network improvements will focus on:
(1) Identifying opportunities to enhance the network through maintenance activities;
(2) Addressing deficiencies at railroad crossings;
(3) Filling gaps in the trail network;
(4) Identifying and repairing sidewalk segments that form functional gaps;
(5) Consistent enforcement of and assistance with sidewalk clearing in winter;
(6) Implementation of the bicycle and pedestrian master plan;
(7) Proceeding with implementation of the ADA transition plan;
(8) Development of rail travel options to important destinations adjacent to the city; and
(9) Creation of a street and sidewalk occupancy program, including coordination with utilities.
(Ord. 10-2018, passed 4-10-18)