Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. No person shall stop, stand or park any type of motorized vehicle, whether attended or unattended:
1. Between the hours of one o'clock (1:00) A.M. and six o'clock (6:00) A.M. (except as otherwise provided in subsection B of this section); or
2. On a roadway; or
3. On a sidewalk; or
4. Within an intersection; or
5. On a crosswalk; or
6. Between a safety zone and the adjacent curb or within thirty feet (30') of points on the curb immediately opposite the ends of a safety zone, unless a different length is indicated by signs or markings; or
7. Upon any bridge or other elevated structure; or
8. On any railroad track; or
9. Within fifteen feet (15') of a fire hydrant; or
10. Within thirty feet (30') of a stop sign; or
11. In front of a public or private driveway.
B. Overnight parking between one o'clock (1:00) A.M. and six o'clock (6:00) A.M. shall only be allowed in areas specifically posted with signage indicating overnight parking is allowed in those areas.
C. Only motor vehicles bearing registration plates or decals issued to persons with disabilities pursuant to 625 Illinois Compiled Statutes 5/3-609, 3-616 and 11-1301.2 shall be permitted to park in places designated for persons with disabilities. Such parking places shall be posted with an official sign pursuant to 625 Illinois Compiled Statutes 5/11-301 and also indicate that a fine up to three hundred fifty dollars ($350.00) may be imposed for any violation. Any person found guilty of violating the provisions of this subsection shall be fined three hundred fifty dollars ($350.00) in addition to any costs or charges connected with the removal or storage of any motor vehicle parked in violation, as well as any costs incurred by the village, including reasonable attorney fees.
D. Except as otherwise provided in this section, every vehicle stopped or parked upon a two-way roadway shall be so stopped or parked with the right hand wheels parallel to and within twelve inches (12") of the right hand curb or as close as practical to the right edge of the right hand shoulder.
E. Parking is permitted on village roadways on the odd number side of the street between the hours of six o’clock (6:00) A.M. and one o’clock (1:00) A.M.
F. Parking of Commercial Vehicles, Buses and Trucks. It shall be unlawful:
1. To park any school bus upon any public street within the Village when that bus is not engaged in the loading or unloading of passengers.
2. For any operator or owner of any commercial motor vehicle licensed and classified by the state to park such vehicle with a license plate registration in excess of a “B” plate or weighing in excess of eight thousand (8,000) pounds’ gross weight (including vehicle and maximum load) in any public street of the Village, except that this limitation shall not apply to a pick-up style vehicle with license designation of “D” commonly used as a passenger vehicle. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to any vehicle making a delivery or picking up a load or performing a requested service at a particular residence, in which case the commercial vehicle may be parked on the street only for the minimum time required to make the delivery or pickup or to perform the requested service. Municipal Vehicles plated as such are exempt from this restriction.
3. For purposes of clarification of Item 2 above, “commercial vehicle” shall mean:
a. Any vehicle, commercial equipment and trailers operated or used for the transportation of property or for work in the furtherance of any commercial or industrial enterprise, for hire or not for hire, or a recreational vehicle being used commercially.
b. Any vehicle with lettered signage posted designating a commercial business.
c. Those motor vehicles which are designed for pulling or carrying freight or cargo, and those motor vehicles of the first division remodeled for use and used as motor vehicles of the second division.
d. “Road tractors” as defined in 625 Illinois Compiled Statutes 5/1-178, farm tractors, earthmoving equipment or other vehicles not being used to perform some service to the residents on whose property or adjacent to whose property the vehicle is being parked. (Ord. 2019-O-27 § 1: Ord. 2015-O-33: Ord. 2010-O-58: Ord. 2010-O-42: Ord. 2009-O-47 § 1: Ord. 2009-O-19 § 1: Ord. 2007-O-54 § 1)