Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Permit Required: No person shall make any connection to or uncover or open any sewer main without first obtaining a permit therefor from the Town.
B. Permit Application: Any person desiring to make any connection to the sewer main shall make written application to the Town for a permit. All such applications must contain a description of the property to be connected, the kind and sizes of the sewer service line and the kinds of fixtures to be served.
C. Contents Of Permit; Fees: The permit shall state the name and address of the person making the connection or excavation, the property to be served, the location of the tap to the sewer main and the size of the tap. No permit shall be issued unless the fees prescribed by the Town are tendered with the application for a permit. Such fees shall be as are established from time to time by the Town.
D. Permit Types Issued: The following types of permits shall be issued for connecting to the sewer main:
1. Permits to run a sewer service line from the sewer main to the property line of the property to be served.
2. Permits to run a sewer service line from the sewer main to the structure or building to be served.
3. Permits to run a sewer service line from the stubbed-in service at the property line to the building or other structure to be served.
4. Permits to connect a sewer service line to the sewer main to serve property outside the Town; provided, that no permit shall be issued to connect with the sewer utility to serve property lying outside the Town except with the express consent of the Town and under such terms and conditions as the Town may by resolution prescribe.
5. Permits to renew any of the sewer service lines provided for in this Section.
E. Permit Required For Alteration Of Service Lines: It shall be unlawful to extend any sewer service line or to change, enlarge or alter the use of any sewer service line connected to the sewer utility without first obtaining a permit therefor. No such permit shall be issued to property situated outside the Town, except under such terms and conditions as the Town shall provide. (Ord. 90-03, 11-27-1990)