Each applicant for electric, water, sewer and/or storm water service will be required to complete and sign the appropriate application form; forms can be obtained at the utility office or on the Town of Bargersville website. The application is considered an agreement to abide by all ordinances, rules, regulations and conditions applying to electric, water, sewer and/or storm water service with every person, firm, organization, corporation or other entities supplied with utility service from the Town of Bargersville. Every applicant is considered to have consented to be bound by this agreement.
   (A)   We require two forms of identification from all individuals applying for our service. Forms of identification required for service are:
      (1)   Social security number
      (2)   Driver's license or other form of government issued identification.
      (3)   Applicants, who are renters, must provide a copy of the lease agreement to verify the individual(s) responsible for service.
   (B)   The owner (mortgage company, realty company or rental owner) of vacant property shall fill out the mortgage, realty company and rental owner application which states whether services are to be left on in the owners' name or to be turned off until the property is sold or the vacancy is filled. If the services are left on, the owner agrees to be charged all fees including usage until the property is sold or the vacancy is filled. It is the owners' responsibility, upon selling the property or filling the vacancy, to notify the utility to transfer service(s) to the new owner or tenant.
   (C)   Home builders shall fill out the builder agreement application.
   (D)   To request connection for service(s) please notify the utility at least three business days in advance of the desired connection date.
(Ord. 2018-24, passed 9-11-2018)