Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following rates of fare shall apply to taxicab operators licensed under the provisions of this chapter:
(1) A minimum charge of $3.75 for the flag fare;
(2) A charge of $0.45 for each one-fifth of a mile thereafter;
(3) A charge of $0.50 for pick-up and delivery of three or more parcels; and
(4) A charge of $0.50 per minute for waiting time.
(B) The following rates of fare shall apply to taxicab operators licensed under the provisions of this chapter for vans or wheelchair vans with a lift:
(1) A minimum charge of $25 for the flag fare;
(2) A charge of $0.45 for each one-fifth of a mile thereafter; $2.25 per mile; and
(3) A charge of $0.50 per minute for waiting time.
(C) When an increase in fares is deemed to be necessary, each cab company shall submit a written request to Council stating its reasons for such an increase, and such increases will not take effect unless approved by Council.
(D) A transportation company shall provide to passengers, upon request, a dated and signed receipt for service rendered. In the event a transportation company receives advanced payment from a passenger, the company shall provide to such person a dated and signed receipt that specifies all of the material terms, conditions, rates and fares of the transportation service to be provided during such future period and, upon request of the passenger, note the date and driver’s identity on such receipt after each trip is concluded. The standard rates and terms of the transportation company shall be posted in a conspicuous place in each vehicle.
(Prior Code, § 856.07) (Ord. 191-2010, passed 12-20-2010; Ord. 9-2012, passed 1-23-2012; Ord. 157-2014, passed 11-24-2014; Ord. 136-2018, passed 11-26-2018)