(A)   The Clerk-Treasurer may make claim payments in advance of allowance by the Utility Board or the Town Council for the following kinds of expenses:
      (1)   Property or services purchased or leased from the United States government, its agencies, or its political subdivisions;
      (2)   License or permit fees;
      (3)   Insurance payments;
      (4)   Utility payments or utility connection charges;
      (5)   General grant programs where advanced funding is not prohibited and the contracting party posts sufficient security to cover the amount advanced;
      (6)   Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
      (7)   Maintenance or service agreements;
      (8)   Leases or rental agreements;
      (9)   Bond or coupon payments;
      (10)   Payroll; and
      (11)   State, federal, or county taxes.
(Ord. 1996-3, § 1, passed 9-11-1996)
   (B)   Each payment of expenses under this section must be supported by a fully itemized claim.
(Ord. 1996-3, § 2, passed 9-11-1996)
   (C)   The Utility Board or the Town Council shall review and allow the claim at its regular or special meeting following the preapproved payment of the expense.
(1996 Code, § 2-5)  (Ord. 1996-3, § 3, passed 9-11-1996)
Statutory reference:
   Procedure for payment of claims in advance, see I.C. 36-5-4-12