Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Clerk-Treasurer may make claim payments in advance of allowance by the Utility Board or the Town Council for the following kinds of expenses:
(1) Property or services purchased or leased from the United States government, its agencies, or its political subdivisions;
(2) License or permit fees;
(3) Insurance payments;
(4) Utility payments or utility connection charges;
(5) General grant programs where advanced funding is not prohibited and the contracting party posts sufficient security to cover the amount advanced;
(6) Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
(7) Maintenance or service agreements;
(8) Leases or rental agreements;
(9) Bond or coupon payments;
(10) Payroll; and
(11) State, federal, or county taxes.
(Ord. 1996-3, § 1, passed 9-11-1996)
(B) Each payment of expenses under this section must be supported by a fully itemized claim.
(Ord. 1996-3, § 2, passed 9-11-1996)
(C) The Utility Board or the Town Council shall review and allow the claim at its regular or special meeting following the preapproved payment of the expense.
(1996 Code, § 2-5) (Ord. 1996-3, § 3, passed 9-11-1996)
Procedure for payment of claims in advance, see I.C. 36-5-4-12