Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Town Clerk-Treasurer may administer oaths, take depositions, and take acknowledgments of instruments as required by law.
(B) The Town Clerk-Treasurer may perform all duties prescribed by law, which include but are not limited to the following:
(1) Receive and care for all town monies, and pay them out upon order of the Town Council;
(2) Keep accounts of all town monies;
(3) File monthly reports with the Town Council showing all receipts and disbursements of the Town Treasury for the preceding month;
(4) Maintain records which are open for inspection by the Town Council;
(5) Issue all licenses; and
(6) Attend all Town Council meetings and maintain a recording of its proceedings.
(C) The Clerk-Treasurer is both the Town Clerk and Town Fiscal Officer pursuant to I.C. 36-5-6-2.
(1996 Code, § 2-2)
Authorizing the Clerk-Treasurer to administer oaths and related powers, see I.C. 36-5-6-5
Powers and duties of the Town Clerk-Treasurer, see I.C. 36-5-6-6
Setting forth Clerk-Treasurer’s role to the legislative body (Town Council), see I.C. 36-5-2-8