Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Grades. The grades of streets shall be not less than ½ of 1% and shall not exceed the following:
(1) Primary arterial streets designated on the thoroughfare plan, 4%.
(2) Secondary arterial streets, 6%.
(3) Minor streets and alleys, 12%.
(4) Pedestrian ways or crosswalks, 15%, unless steps of an acceptable design are to be constructed.
(B) Curvature - Changes in grade. All changes in street grades above 1% shall be connected by vertical curves of a minimum length equal to 25 times the algebraic difference in the rate of grade for arterial streets, and one-half of this minimum for all other streets.
(C) Curvature - Radii. The radii of curvature on the center line shall not be less than the following:
(1) Arterial streets, 500 feet.
(2) Minor streets, 100 feet.
('74 Code, § 14-16) (Ord. passed 11-25-67) Penalty, see § 10.99