Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
(1) A conveyance that is:
(a) Motor driven, either by gas or electricity;
(b) Used to carry passengers or equipment; and
(c) Smaller than the types of motor vehicles required to be registered by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles such as a:
1. Passenger motor vehicle (as defined in IC 9-13-2-123);
2. Recreational vehicle (as defined in IC 9-13-2-150); or
3. Truck (as defined in IC 9-13-2-188).
(2) A motorized cart may be characterized as a golf cart, utility cart, or similar form of motor vehicle.
(3) The term does not include:
(a) An electric personal assistive mobility device (as defined in IC 9-13-2-49.3);
(b) A motorcycle (as defined in IC 9-13-2-108);
(c) A motor scooter (as defined in IC 9-13-2-104);
(d) A motorized bicycle (as defined in IC 9-13-2-109); or
(e) An off-road vehicle.
(Ord. 2020-007, passed 10-13-20)