Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The secondary plat shall conform to the requirements listed below, as well as those set forth in 865 IAC 1-12, commonly known as “Indiana Rule 12":
(1) The proposed name of the subdivision or development, as established by the improvement plan. Also, names of adjacent property owners and recorded subdivisions with section or phase number. All secondary plats shall be drawn on a 24" x 36" inch fixed line mylar. The font size shall be no less than .08 of an inch, for any text on the survey;
(2) A vicinity map showing the proposed location of the subdivision by township and section and in relation to major or minor roads in the area. The vicinity map shall have an approximate scale. In addition, if the subdivision is done in sections a reduction of the overall subdivision plan shall be provided on the cover sheet that graphically indicates the area of the subdivision to be recorded;
(3) Any information required by the Dearborn County Recorder's Office;
(4) Name(s) and address(es) of the owner or developer of the subdivision and the Indiana Registered Land Surveyor or surveying firm responsible for survey and lot design of the subdivision;
(5) Date, north arrow, and graphic or written scale. The scale shall not be less than one inch equals 50 feet except subdivision or developments with lots having a minimum area of two acres which shall not be less than one inch equals 100 feet;
(6) Names of adjacent property owners, deed record and page number, and recorded subdivisions with section or phase number;
(a) Instrument numbers may be supplied for any parcels established after 2000.
(b) For the purposes of this section, ADJACENT PROPERTY OWNERS shall include anyone who owns land that is contiguous to a subject property as well as anyone who owns land that is directly across the road rights-of-way—if property lines are/were projected to the center of the adjacent road rights-of-way.
(7) Boundary of the subdivision or section thereof, with bearings and distances based on the field traverse that has an accuracy of not less than one part in 5,000 (1:5,000);
(8) The property parcel map numbers that the new lots are being divided from;
(9) Area of the subdivision or section of the subdivision and area of each lot in acres;
(10) Location and right-of-way width and length of all streets and easements which are to be dedicated or reserved for public or private use;
(11) Location, width, and names of public or private road rights-of-way that adjoin the boundary, and whether the road is maintained or abandoned. For situations where the rights-of-way are unknown or cannot be readily sourced through a prior survey or deed, the approximate width of pavement must be provided along the frontage(s) of the affected property;
(12) Centerline curve data for the right-of-way of the streets and easements with the data to include: central angle and radius, arc length, long chord and tangent distances;
(13) Numbered, lots whose boundaries are described by bearing and distance for each tangent course, and proper curve data (as given above) for curve courses. Side lot lines that are not radial with curved street centerlines shall have a reference tie to the tangent line of that centerline curve. Also, if any lots were subject to a certified survey, those lots shall be noted with dashed lines and referenced;
(14) Description of all monumentation, including notation as whether were found or set, and the type of monument used;
(15) Location of areas to be dedicated for public use and with the planned use clearly indicated. Areas intended to be reserved for common use but not dedicated to public use shall be identified by a lot number and treated as a private lot. A statement shall appear on the secondary plat that clearly describes the ownership and maintenance responsibilities for any public or non-public common areas;
(16) The following statement shall appear on the secondary plat unless noted in the form of a deed restriction by the developer of a subdivision: "Current applicable zoning regulations or districts will determine building setbacks."
(17) Certificate and seal of the Indiana Registered Land Surveyor, who is responsible for the survey that the plat represents;
(18) A signed and notarized certificate of the owner(s) indicating adoption of the plat and dedication of the streets, easements, and any other public areas. This certificate shall be signed prior to the plat being signed by the Commission designee;
(19) Reference to the current deed book(s) and page number(s) as to the transfer to the current owner(s) of all property that is a part of the subdivision or section thereof. If the reference is of more than one tract, the tract lines shall be shown on the plat;
(20) Certificate of approval of the Planning Commission (see § 151.03 (A)(5));
(21) Certificate of approval of the property owner (see § 151.039(A)(4)), for subdivisions that do not involve public dedications;
(23) Certificate of dedication for public streets and storm sewer line(s) (see § 151.03 (A)(2) and (3)), if applicable;
(24) A final copy of any homeowners agreement document which deals with the future maintenance of sidewalks, streets, open areas, recreational lands, street lighting, private utilities, and other items. At a minimum, the homeowners agreement document should include membership names fee or dues structure, estimated cost for future maintenance items, a detailed list of maintenance items, a budget description and a description of ownership boundaries;
(25) For subdivisions which involve private on-site sanitary sewage treatment plants, the following statement shall be placed on the secondary plat:
The sanitary sewer lines and the sewage treated at the _____________ plant will be owned and operated by _______________. The sanitary sewer lines will be maintained by ________________ and the sewage treatment plant will be maintained by _________________. If at any time in the future, a public sewer district is created or extended that can take over ownership and maintenance of the treatment plant, ____________________ owners of said plant, will relinquish control at the public sewer utility's discretion.
(26) Label and show the boundaries of any cemetery if it exists on the site or is situated within 100 feet of the affected property. The following statement shall also be added where cemeteries are noted: "Cemeteries subject to the requirements set forth in IC 14-21-1 et seq."
(27) Label and show the boundaries of any flood zones on the subject property which have been identified as being within a floodway, 100-year or 500-year floodplain(s), if any exist on the site. The current, applicable flood panel must also be referenced;
(28) The following statement shall also appear on the plat: "This plat shall be void if not recorded within three months of the survey certification date, as stipulated in Indiana Rule 12."
(Ord. 2019-008, passed 5-13-19)