Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any license may be revoked or suspended by the City Administrator if the licensee shall have violated any of the provisions of KRS Chapters 241, 243 or 244, or any rule or regulation of the ABC Board or of the Department of Revenue relating to the regulation of the manufacture, sale and transportation or taxation of alcoholic beverages or if such licensee shall have violated or shall violate any Act of Congress or any rule or regulation of any federal board, agency or commission, or any provision of this chapter now, heretofore, or hereafter in effect relating to the regulation of the manufacture, sale and transportation or taxation of intoxicating liquors or any rules or regulations of the city heretofore in existence or authorized by the terms of KRS Chapters 241, 243 and 244 to be created, or if any clerk, agent, servant, or employee of any licensee shall violate any of the laws, regulations or ordinances above referred to, irrespective of whether the licensee knew of or permitted the violation or whether the violation was committed in disobedience of his or her instructions, or any such license may be revoked or suspended for any cause which the City Administrator in the exercise of his or her sound discretion deems sufficient. A license may be revoked or suspended for any of the reasons for which the City Administrator would have been required to refuse a license if the facts had been known.
(B) Any license may be revoked or suspended for the following causes:
(1) Conviction of the licensee or his or her agent or employee for selling any illegal beverages on the licensed premises;
(2) Making any false, material statements in an application for a license or supplemental license;
(3) Violation of the provisions of § 111.21;
(4) Conviction of the licensee or any of his or her clerks, servants, agents or employees of two violations or misdemeanors directly or indirectly attributable to the manufacture, sale, transportation, or use of alcoholic beverages within two consecutive years;
(5) Any felony;
(6) Willful and deliberate failure or default of a licensee to pay an excise tax or any part thereof, or any penalties imposed by or under the provisions of any statutes, §§ 111.20, 111.28 or 111.44 or Acts of Congress relative to taxation, or for a violation of any rules or regulations of the Department of Revenue made in pursuance thereof.
(7) Revocation of any license or permit provided in KRS 243.060, 243.070, 243.600 and 243.610 or granted under any Act of Congress relative to the regulation of the manufacture, sale and transportation of alcoholic beverages. Any license issued must be revoked or suspended if the licensee sells the alcoholic beverages at a price in excess of the price set by federal or state regulations.
(8) Setting up, conducting, operating or keeping, on the licensed premises, any gambling game, device, machine, contrivance, lottery, gift enterprise, handbook, or facility for betting or transmitting bets on horse races; or permitting to be set up, conducted, operated, kept, or engaged in, on the licensed premises, any such game, device, machine, contrivance, lottery, gift enterprise, handbook or facility. This section shall not apply to contests in which eligibility to participate is determined by chance and the ultimate winner is determined by skill and the licensee has no direct interest, or to the sale of lottery tickets sold under the provision of KRS Chapter 154A.
(9) Conviction of the licensee, his or her agents, servants, or employees for:
(a) The sale or use upon the licensed premises of those items described in KRS 218A.050 through 218A.130 as controlled substances;
(b) Knowingly permitting the sale or use by patrons upon the licensed premises of those items described in KRS 218A.050 through 218A.130 as controlled substances;
(c) Knowingly receiving stolen property upon the licensed premise.
(Ord. 59-2018, passed 3-22-18) Penalty, see § 111.99