Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any person, firm or corporation desiring to receive written notice of procurement requirements of the city may make application to have his name placed on a bidder's list for the types or kinds of goods or services he wishes to supply or provide. The City Manager may specify the form to be used and the procedure to be followed by the prospective vendor to make application for inclusion on the bidder's lists.
(B) The City Manager may establish a program for vendor prequalification. To establish a program for vendor prequalification, the City Manager or administrative personnel so designated by him shall solicit from each prospective vendor sufficient information to permit evaluation of vendor's qualifications in terms of:
(1) The ability and capacity to perform on a timely basis under contract for goods or services he wishes to bid on and supply.
(2) Good character, integrity, reputation and experience.
(3) Satisfactory performance in prior dealings with the city.
(4) Satisfactory performance in dealings with other local government units, the state and other state governments.
(C) The City Manager may refuse to list any prospective vendor if that vendor does not meet the minimum requirements established for entry on a bidder's list. It is the responsibility of the vendor to show that he meets established qualifications for entry on the bidder's list to which he seeks to gain entry.
(1) The prospective vendor will be promptly notified if his application is disapproved and the reason for disapproval shall be stated.
(2) A prospective bidder may appeal the disapproval of his application to the City Manager. The appeal must be filed within two weeks after the date of the notice of disapproval, must state the grounds for the appeal with reasonable particularity, and must relate directly to the reason for disapproval of the application.
(3) The City Manager may establish the time at which and the conditions under which a vendor whose application has been disapproved may reapply for placement on a bidder's list.
(D) A bid may be accepted from a bidder who has not prequalified, provided that the bidder submits all information required by the City Manager to make a determination of the bidder's qualifications prior to award of the contract.
(‘83 Code, § 36.48) (Ord. 52-1979, passed 12-6-79; Am. Ord. 104-1980, passed 10-16-80; Am. Ord. 61-2019, passed 4-25-19)
Authority to govern prequalification of prospective bidders, see KRS 45A.360