Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any person owning or having charge of land within the municipality shall keep such property free and clear from all noxious weeds and rank vegetation and shall be required to cut all such weeds and vegetation on the lots owned or controlled by him or her at least twice in every year, once between June 1 and July 1 and once between August 1 and September 1.
(B) Noxious weeds and rank vegetation shall include but not be limited to:
(1) Shatter cane (Sorghum bicolor).
(2) Russian thistle (Salsola Kali var. tenuifolia).
(3) Johnsongrass (Sorghum halepense).
(4) Wild parsnip (Pastinaca sativa).
(5) Grapevines (Vitis spp.), when growing in groups of 100 or more and not pruned, sprayed, cultivated, or otherwise maintained for two consecutive years.
(6) Canada thistle (Cirsium arvense).
(7) Poison hemlock (Conium maculatum).
(8) Cressleaf groundsel (Senecio glabellus).
(9) Musk thistle (Carduus nutans).
(10) Purple loosestrife (Lythrum salicaria).
(11) Mile-a-minute weed (Polygonum perfoliatum).
(12) Giant hogweed (Heracleum mantegazzianum).
(13) Apple of Peru (Nicandra physalodes).
(14) Marestail (Conyza canadensis)
(15) Kochia (Bassia scoparia).
(16) Palmer amaranth (Amaranthus palmeri).
(17) Kudzu (Pueraria montana var. lobata).
(18) Japanese knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum).
(19) Yellow groove bamboo (Phyllostachys aureasculata), when the plant has spread from its original premise of planting and is not being maintained.
(20) Field bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis).
(21) Heart-podded hoary cress (Lepidium draba sub. draba).
(22) Hairy whitetop or ballcress (Lepidium appelianum).
(23) Perennial sowthistle (Sonchus arvensis).
(24) Russian knapweed (Acroptilon repens).
(25) Leafy spurge (Euphorbia esula).
(26) Hedge bindweed (Calystegia sepium).
(27) Serrated tussock (Nassella trichotoma).
(28) Columbus grass (Sorghum x almum).
(29) Musk thistle (Carduus nutans).
(30) Forage kochia (Bassia prostrata).
(31) Water hemp (Amaranthus tuberculatus).
(O.A.C. § 901:5-37-01) (Rev. 2020)
(32) Any weeds, grass, or plants, other than trees, bushes, flowers, or other ornamental plants, growing to a height exceeding 12 inches.