Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Number and type of members. The Commission consists of 11 voting members, all of whom shall be residents of the County, nominated by the County Executive and approved by resolution of the County Council. Of the voting members:
(1) There shall be one member from each councilmanic district recommended by the County Council member for the district;
(2) There shall be four members recommended by the County Executive;
(3) At least four of the eleven members shall reflect the ethnicity and minority diversity of the residents of the County; and
(4) At least one of the eleven members shall be trained in or have experience with mediation.
(b) Human Relations Officer.
(1) The Human Relations Officer shall be a County employee designated as such by the County Executive.
(2) The Human Relations Officer shall be a non-voting ex officio member of the Commission.
(c) Student member.
(1) The Commission shall include a non-voting student member appointed by the County Executive.
(2) The student member shall: be of good character; be in good standing in an Anne Arundel County public high school; be nominated by the Chesapeake Regional Association of Student Councils of Anne Arundel County in accordance with a method of its choosing; serve a term of one year beginning on July 1 of each year; and continue to serve until a successor is appointed.
(Bill No. 57-19; Bill No. 94-19)