Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No person shall engage within this city in the activities of an alarm agent as defined in this chapter, unless the person holds a valid permit in accordance with this chapter.
(B) No alarm company operator or alarm agent or their employees, shall install, maintain or repair any alarm system within the city, unless the alarm company operator and/or alarm agent have, prior to obtaining a business license, registered their names and addresses and affixed a copy of their state identification card to their written application to the Finance Department as indicated in this section.
(C) The following written information shall be included on the permit application of a subscriber to an alarm system:
(1) The name of the applicant and the address at which the system is to be installed.
(2) Name, address and phone number of the alarm company and/or alarm agent installing, maintaining or repairing their alarm system.
(3) A description as to the type of alarm, (such as, but not limited to silent, audible, direct dialer or central office).
(4) If the application will not have a service contract with the alarm company or business, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least two persons to call in case of an emergency or activation of the alarm.
(5) Any other information required in order to process this application.
(D) Each subscriber that files an application with the city shall submit a permit fee and thereafter be required to pay an annual permit fee.
(E) Each subscriber shall give written notice whenever any change occurs in any information required under this section within 24 hours after the change is effective.
(‘86 Code, § 9.74.030) (Ord. 4164, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 4537, passed 3-9-09) Penalty, see 9.74.160