Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Requirement. No permittee shall engage in, conduct or carry on or permit to be engaged in, conducted or carried on, in or upon any premises within the city, the operation of a bingo game unless such game is conducted under the personal direction of a bingo manager or an alternate bingo manager duly licensed pursuant to this section for each bingo game. The bingo manager or an alternate bingo manager shall be present on the premises during the operation of all bingo games.
(B) Manager to be noncompensated. No person may be licensed as a bingo manager or an alternate bingo manager unless he or she is a nonsalaried, non-compensated member of the organization licensed to conduct bingo games.
(C) License. To obtain a bingo manager or alternate bingo manager license such applicant shall file with the Director of Finance an application therefor in writing, together with the required fee. The application shall set forth in addition to such information as may be required by the Director of Finance, the following:
(1) A statement that neither the bingo manager, any alternate bingo manager nor members of the nonprofit organization who operate any bingo game organized by such organization will receive any profit, wage, or salary or any other direct or indirect consideration from any bingo game.
(2) A statement that the bingo manager or alternate bingo manager applicant has read and understands all requirements of the law in regard to conducting bingo games in the city, and that such bingo manager or alternate bingo manager will accept full responsibility for the conduct of such bingo games and all bingo card/ticket sales people under his or her direction.
(D) License fee. The annual fee for the bingo manager license and up to and including two alternate bingo manager licenses shall be in an amount established by City Council resolution. The annual fee for each additional alternate bingo manager license shall be in an amount established by City Council resolution. Such fees shall be due and payable in advance on January 1 of each year. If an applicant applies for a bingo manager license or alternate bingo manager license on or after July 1 of any year, the amount of the fee shall be one-half the annual rate for the balance of the calendar year.
(1) Upon receipt of an application for a bingo manager license or alternate bingo manager license, the Director of Finance shall forward the same to the Chief of Police who shall investigate such applicant and shall report to the Director of Finance the results of such investigation.
(2) A bingo manager license or alternate bingo manager license shall be issued if, after the investigation, it has been found:
(a) That the applicant is of good moral character and does not have a bad reputation for truth, honesty or integrity.
(b) That all of the statements made in such application are and each of them is true and not deceptive or misleading and that the applicant has not violated any of the provisions of this chapter or has engaged in any fraudulent transaction or enterprise and that the applicant intends to conduct his or her business fairly and honestly.
(3) If, after the investigation, it has been determined that the applicant fails to meet the foregoing conditions, the Director of Finance shall deny the application and refuse to issue a license and shall notify the applicant of his or her action. In the event any such application is denied, one-half of the license fee paid therefor shall be refunded to the applicant.
(‘86 Code, § 9.10.102) (Ord. 3730, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 3802, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 4587, passed 6-27-11; Am. Ord. 4588, passed 7-11-11)