Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(B) Such application shall contain the following information and documentation;
(1) The applicant's personal and business name or names;
(2) Applicant's address or addresses, including principal office and local headquarters, if any;
(3) The name of the person for whom the solicitation will be conducted;
(4) A true copy of the contract between the applicant and such other person; or, if no written contract has been entered into, the terms and conditions, including basis for compensation, under which the promoter will conduct the solicitation for such person;
(5) Such other information as the Director of Finance or the Chief of Police may require.
(C) Upon the receipt of any such application, the same shall be forwarded to the Chief of Police who shall investigate such applicant and shall report to the Director of Finance the results of such investigation.
(D) No license shall be issued to any person of bad character nor any person who shall have been convicted of any felony or crime involving fraud, robbery, burglary or moral turpitude.
(E) Each such application shall be accompanied by an amount equal to the license fee provided herein. If such license is granted, such amount shall be applied to payment of the fee therefor. If any such application shall be denied, $25 of such amount shall be retained by the city to partially defray the cost of its investigation.
('86 Code, § 5.30.030) (Ord. 3673, passed - - )