Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The City Manager shall cause notice of the time and place of the hearing with respect to the formation of an assessment district to be given as follows:
(A) Giving of notice.
(1) Written notice shall be given by personal service or served by depositing the same, postage prepaid, in the custody of the U.S. Postal Service, addressed at the last-known address of each person whose name appears on the most recent Los Angeles County equalized assessment roll as the owner of a lot which is proposed for inclusion within the district; and/or
(2) A notice shall be published in a news-paper of general circulation in the city at least once, at least ten days in advance of the date set for the hearing.
(B) Contents. Notices shall contain a statement:
(1) Of the nature and name of the proposed district and a summary of the information contained in the feasibility report; and
(2) Advising where a copy of the feasibility report is available for inspection; and,
(3) The date, time and place of the hearing; and,
(4) That all persons interested in the pro-posed assessment district are invited to attend the hearing and present their views on whether or not such assessment district should be created.
('86 Code, § 3.50.125) (Ord. 3997, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 4047, passed - - )