Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The City Manager shall submit to the Council on or before May 31 of each year a proposed budget. The preparation and submission of the proposed budget shall follow a budget calendar as prepared by the City Manager. For such purpose and at such date as he determines, he shall obtain from the head of each department estimates of revenues and expenditures of that department. The proposed budget shall include:
(1) The City Manager's budget message;
(2) A summary by funds;
(3) Schedules of expenditures by function and program; and
(4) Schedules of revenues by source.
(B) Provisions shall be made in the proposed budget for the following:
(1) Interest, amortization and redemption charges on the public debt for which the faith and credit of the city is pledged;
(2) Other statutory expenditures;
(3) The payment of all judgments;
(4) Administration, operation and main-tenance of the city;
(5) Expenditures to be appropriated for the capital outlay improvement fund for capital projects in an amount not less than five cents on each $100 of the assessed valuation of the city.
('86 Code, § 3.12.040) (Ord. 3552, passed - - )