Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It is unlawful for the operator of a vehicle to stop such vehicle in any of the following places, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic, or in compliance with the direction of a police officer or traffic sign or signal:
(1) In an intersection;
(2) In a crosswalk;
(3) Between a safety zone and the adjacent curb or within 20 feet of a point on the curb immediately opposite the end of a safety zone;
(4) Within 30 feet of an intersecting roadway, except buses at a designated bus stop;
(5) At any curb along that side of the street adjacent to or surrounding any school grounds during school hours, except in any commercial district;
(6) In any alley, or at any entrance or exit thereof; provided, however, that vehicles are authorized to stop or stand in any alley for the purpose of loading or unloading persons or material, which authority to stop or stand shall not extend beyond the time necessary therefor and in no event shall exceed a total time of 20 minutes;
(7) In front of a theater during a performance, except when loading or unloading passengers;
(8) In front of a mortuary during funeral services, except when loading or unloading passengers;
(9) In front of a church when a religious ceremony, wedding or a funeral is in session, except when loading or unloading passengers.
(B) The Chief of Police shall determine the space in front of a theater, mortuary or church that shall not be used for parking, and appropriate signs shall be maintained at each terminus of such space during the period of time of a performance at a theater, a funeral at a mortuary and a service at church.
('86 Code, § 11.28.070) (Ord. 2479, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 3403, passed - - ) Penalty, see § 11.28.160