The Director of Public Works is authorized, if good cause appears, to issue a special permit in writing authorizing the applicant to do any of the following:
   (A)   To operate or move a vehicle or combina-tion of vehicles or special mobile equipment, including a house or building, of a size or weight of vehicle or load exceeding the maximum specified in the California Vehicle Code.
   (B)   To use corrugations on the periphery of the movable tracks on a traction engine or tractor, the propulsive power of which is not exerted through wheels resting upon the roadway but by means of a flexible band or chain.
   (C)   Under emergency conditions, to operate or move a type of vehicle prohibited under the California Vehicle Code upon any city streets subject to the provisions of §§ 11.16.050 through 11.16.180.
('86 Code, § 11.16.060) (Ord. 3103, passed  - - ; Am. Ord. 3732, passed  - - )