Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The city hereby establishes the office of the Zoning Administrator.
(B) The Zoning Administrator shall be appointed by the Mayor with the approval of City Council, and may be removed by the Mayor at will unless otherwise provided by statute, tenure, contract, or ordinance.
(C) The Zoning Administrator shall be required to execute the oath of office as set forth in Section 228 of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Kentucky prior to the assumption of the duties of that office.
(D) The Zoning Administrator shall:
(1) Perform all the duties and functions of this office as required by the zoning code of the city.
(2) Make a monthly report in writing to the Mayor who shall then inform Council in writing monthly no later than at the second Council meeting of the month following the month for which the report is prepared, regarding the issuance of permits, collection of fees, and other matters related to the zoning code.
(3) Be responsible for the enforcement of all provisions of the zoning code.
(4) Possess all of the necessary powers and authority to carry out the functions of this office as conferred upon him by law.
(5) Perform all other duties assigned to the office of Zoning Administrator by the City Council.
(6) Be appointed a Citation Officer and be authorized to perform all the duties and functions thereof pursuant to § 31.48 of this Code of Ordinances and KRS 83A.087; and thereby be authorized to perform all the duties and functions of the Code Enforcement Officer pursuant to § 31.47 of this Code of Ordinances and KRS 65.8801 to 65.8839.
(E) Compensation for services shall be as provided by separate ordinance of the city or by separate contract.
(F) There are no bond requirements for this office.
(G) The Superintendent of Public Works shall possess all of the powers and duties of the Zoning Administrator as set forth herein.
(Ord. 6-83, passed 6-23-83; Am. Ord. 16-95, passed 8-3-95; Am. Ord. 2001-10, passed 6-21-01; Am. Ord. 2010-05, passed 2-18-10; Am. Ord. 2015-07, passed 9-17-15)