Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Any person who violates any provision of this chapter for which another penalty is not provided shall be subject to § 10.99.
(B) Any person who violates any provision of the state codes adopted in § 151.01 shall be subject to the following penalties:
(1) Violators of the State Building Code shall, upon conviction be subject to a fine of not less than ten dollars ($10.00) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) for each offense.
(2) Violators of the State Standards of Safety shall, upon conviction, be subject to a fine of not less than twenty-five dollars ($25.00) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00), imprisonment for not more than sixty (60) days, or both for each offense.
(3) Violators of the State Plumbing Code shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and be subject to a fine of not less than ten dollars ($10.00) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100.00), imprisonment for not more than ninety (90) days, or both for each offense.
(C) Any person who violates any provision of § 151.05 shall be subject to a fine of one hundred dollars ($100.00) for each offense; each day’s continued violation shall constitute a separate offense.
(1) The city shall mail or serve the violator with a citation which:
(a) Identifies the violator and the location of the violation;
(b) Lists and identifies the violation;
(c) States the prescribed fine beside each violation listed;
(d) Provides simple instructions on where the ticket is to be mailed with a check or money order in the amount of the stipulated fine; and
(e) States a simple procedure to follow if the violator elects to appear in court to plead his/her/its case rather than mail in the fine.
(2) The fine provided in this section (C) shall be doubled if not paid within five (5) business days after the issuance of a citation. If the fine is not paid within ten (10) business days after the issuance of the citation, the violator may be cited to appear before the Campbell District Court and all court costs shall be borne by the violator in addition to any fine imposed by the court.
(Ord. 3-96, passed 6-6-96)