Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All applicants for licenses required by this chapter shall file an application with the City Clerk. This application shall be signed by the applicant if an individual, or by all partners if a partnership, or by the president if a corporation. The applicant may be requested to provide information concerning the following items:
(1) The name and address of the applicant;
(2) (a) The name of the individual having management authority or supervision of the applicant's business during the time that is proposed to be carried on in the city;
(b) The local address of such individual;
(c) The permanent address of such individual;
(d) The capacity in which such individual will act;
(3) The name and address of the person, if any, for whose purpose the business will be carried on, and, if a corporation, the state of incorporation;
(4) The time period or periods during which it is proposed to carry on applicant's business;
(5) (a) The nature, character, and quality of the goods or services to be offered for sale or delivered;
(b) If goods, their invoice value and whether they are to be sold by sample as well as from stock;
(c) If goods, where and by whom such goods are manufactured or grown, and where such goods are at the time of application;
(6) The nature of the advertising proposed to be done for the business;
(7) Whether or not the applicant, or the individual identified in division (A) (2) (a) above, or the person identified in division (A) (3) has been convicted of any crime or misdemeanor and, if so, the nature of each offense and the penalty assessed for each offense.
(B) Applicants for peddler or solicitor licenses may be required to provide further information concerning the following items, in addition to that requested under division (A) above:
(1) A description of the applicant;
(2) A description of any vehicle proposed to be used in the business, including its registration number, if any.
(C) All applicants for licenses required by this chapter shall attach to their application the following:
(1) If required by the city, copies of all printed advertising proposed to be used in connection with the applicant's business;
(2) If required by the city, credentials from the person, if any, for which the applicant proposes to do business, authorizing the applicant to act as such representative.
(D) Applicants who propose to handle foodstuffs shall also attach to their application, in addition to any attachments required under division (C), a current Health Department permits), which shall be kept current and copies provided to the city. If the food is cooked or prepared at an offsite facility, such as at home, a separate kitchen or commissary, a separate Health Department permit shall be submitted for that facility, which shall be kept current and copies provided to the city.
(Am. Ord. 2018-01, passed 4-19-18) Penalty, see § 111.99