Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Prohibited activities. It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge any pistol, rifle, shotgun, or firearm of any type within the town.
(B) Exceptions. The provisions of division (A) above do not apply to:
(1) Law enforcement officers (as that term is defined by the Indiana Code) engaged in the performance of their official duties;
(2) Members of the Armed Forces of the United States engaged in the performance of their official duties;
(3) Members of the National Guard engaged in the performance of their official duties;
(4) Persons exercising their right of self-defense or defending their property, or defending other persons; or
(5) Persons discharging blank shells for the purpose of training canines on a tract of land containing 15 acres or more.
(C) Penalty. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be subject to a fine in the amount of $50.
(Ord. 96-FA-07, passed 3-12-96; Am. Ord. 2009-13, passed 11-10-09)