Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following are hereby declared to be nuisances affecting health:
A. Garbage, Refuse And Manure:
1. Exposed accumulation of decayed or unwholesome food or vegetable matter.
2. Accumulations of manure, refuse, or other debris.
3. Garbage cans or other refuse containers which are not rodent free or flytight or which are so maintained as to constitute a health hazard or to emit foul and disagreeable odors and from which waste is not removed at least once a week.
4. Depositing garbage, rubbish, litter or refuse on any public property, including streets, sidewalks, and parks, except in public receptacles and in such a manner that the garbage, rubbish or litter will be prevented from being carried or deposited by the elements upon any part of the park or upon any street or other public place.
B. Animals At Large: All animals running at large 1 .
C. Carcasses Of Animals: Carcasses of animals not buried or destroyed within twenty four (24) hours after death.
D. Stagnant Water: All ponds or pools of stagnant water.
E. Water Pollution: The pollution of any public well or cistern, stream or lake, canal or other body of water by sewage, industrial waste, or any other substances.
F. Unlawful Sewage Disposal 2 : The discharge, disposal, accumulation, or collection of sewage or industrial waste without proper permit or approval.
G. Noxious Weeds And Rank Vegetation: All "noxious weeds", as defined in Minnesota rules 1505.0730, and other rank growths of vegetation, upon public or private property. (2005 Code)
H. Open Burning: Burning in violation of chapter 4 of this title. The emission of smoke by any use shall be in compliance with and regulated by the Minnesota pollution control standards, MPCA chapter 7009.
I. Air Pollution: Dense smoke, noxious fumes, gas and soot, cinders, dust, fly ash, or other particulated matter in unreasonable quantities. The emission of any particulated matter by any use shall be in compliance with and regulated by the Minnesota pollution control standards, MPCA chapter 7009, as amended. (Ord. 2009-003, 2-2-2009)
J. Diseased Persons: All public exposure of persons having a contagious disease.
K. Offensive Businesses: Any offensive trade or business as defined by either ordinance or state statute which is not operating under local license, or such trade or business whose operation constitutes a clear and present danger to the health of the public in general. (2005 Code)
L. Odors: Any offensive odors upon public or private property. The emission of odor by any use shall be in compliance with and regulated by the Minnesota pollution control standards, MPCA chapter 7009, as amended.
M. Noise: Noise in violation of chapter 5 of this title. The emission of noise by any use shall be in compliance with and regulated by the Minnesota pollution control standards, MPCA chapter 7030, as amended.
N. Radiation Emission: All activities that emit radioactivity shall comply with the minimum requirements of the Minnesota pollution control agency. (Ord. 2009-003, 2-2-2009)
1. See also section 6-2-4 of this code.
2. See title 9, chapters 3 and 4 of this code.