1. The Commission consists of five members who are residents of the City.
2. Members of the Commission shall be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the Council. Members shall demonstrate a positive interest in historic preservation, possessing interest or expertise in architecture, architectural history, historic preservation, city planning, building rehabilitation, conservation in general or real estate.
3. The Commission members are appointed for staggered terms of three years. Members may serve for more than one term. Each member shall serve until the appointment of a successor.
4. Vacancies occurring in the Commission, other than expiration of term of office, shall be only for the unexpired portion of the term of the member replaced.
5. Members shall serve without compensation.
6. A simple majority of the Commission shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
7. The Commission shall elect a Chairperson who shall preside over all Commission meetings and elect a Secretary who shall be responsible for maintaining written records of the Commission’s proceedings.
8. The Commission shall meet at least three times a year.