The purposes of this chapter are to:
1. Promote the educational, cultural, economic and general welfare of the public through the recognition, enhancement and perpetuation of sites and districts of historical and cultural significance.
2. Safeguard the City’s historic, aesthetic, and cultural heritage by preserving sites and districts of historic and cultural significance.
3. Stabilize and improve property values.
4. Foster pride in the legacy of beauty and achievements of the past.
5. Protect and enhance the City’s attractions to tourists and visitors and the support and stimulus to business thereby provided.
6. Strengthen the economy of the City.
7. Promote the use of sites and districts of historic and cultural significance as places for the education, pleasure, and welfare of the people of the City.