Any customer who believes the provisions of this chapter have been applied in error may appeal in the following manner:
1. An appeal must be filed in writing with the City of Adel City Administrator. In the case of service charge appeals, the appeal shall include a survey prepared by a registered Iowa Land Surveyor or Professional Engineer containing information on the total property area, the impervious surface area and any other features or conditions which influence the hydrologic response of the property to rainfall events.
2. Using the information provided by the appellant, the City Administrator shall conduct a technical review of the conditions on the property and respond to the appeal in writing within 30 days.
3. In response to an appeal, the City Administrator may adjust the storm water service charge applicable to a property in conformance with the general purpose and intent of this chapter.
4. A decision of the City Administrator which is adverse to an appellant may be further appealed to the City Council within 30 days of receipt of notice of the adverse decision. Notice of the appeal shall be served on the City Council by the appellant, stating the grounds for the appeal. The City Council shall schedule a public hearing within 30 days. All decisions of the City Council shall be served on the appellant by registered mail, sent to the billing address of the appellant.
5. All decisions of the City Council shall be final.